Access to and use of this website and any resources available on this website (the Site) are provided by this site on the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”):
- By using this Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this Site.
- You must be over the age of 18 to become a member.
- To become a member you will may be asked to provide us with some basic personal details about yourself so that you can become an ‘Online Account User’. We will protect your personal data as set out in our Privacy Statement. Please read this statement below to make sure it is acceptable to you before joining.
- If you wish to disable your account, please send us an email and we will delete content that you have submitted to our website.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this Site as an Online Account User will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
- We may bring any rights granted to you to an end at any time without necessarily providing any notice to you.
Conditions of Use
- You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue. You may not impersonate another person.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) and all content located on this Site shall remain vested in this site or its licensors (as the case may be). Unless specifically stated in a Creative Commons licence which may be attached to some our content - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk (“Creative Commons Licence”) - you may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use our content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Please read the Creative Commons licence in full before downloading or otherwise making use of our content. If you do not agree to be bound by the Creative Commons Licence then you must not use our content made available under these Terms and Conditions.
- When using our content you must attribute us.
- This Site also contains proprietary materials which are owned by or licensed to We and which are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. These materials which will be identified as “Proprietary” include but are not limited to our logos and trading names, certain photographic and video images, sounding recordings and the design, layout and appearance of and graphics contained within this Site. These proprietary materials are protected by intellectual property rights. Unauthorised use of these proprietary materials may constitute intellectual property infringement.
Contributions to this site
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with We you agree to grant to We, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for We services in any media worldwide.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that We can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any third party rights, that you have the right to give We permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
- If you do not want to grant We the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with We.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts. All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice.
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on the Site or our community. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Contributing materials to the Site or our community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
Accuracy of Content
- We are not able to guarantee that information contained on or available via this Site will continue to be accurate. You confirm that you have not relied on any such information and any arrangements made between you and any other person, using or named on this Site is entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
- Information contained in or accessible via this Site changes on a regular basis. We may make improvements or alterations to this Site at any time and without notice.
- If any links to other websites appear on this Site, We accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of that website (whether under our control or otherwise). Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us.
- We do not guarantee that:
- use of this Site will be compatible with all hardware and software;
- use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error or virus free;
- use of this Site will deliver any specific outcome for its users; or that
- defects will be corrected.
- You must take appropriate steps to ensure that you regularly check for viruses when using this Site on any device.
- We make no statement about the suitability of the content, information and services contained on, or accessed via, this Site. All warranties, terms and conditions in this regard, including all warranties, terms and conditions implied by statute or otherwise, of satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose are excluded to the fullest permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt this includes materials accessed via links to websites (including home pages, web pages or documents they contain) operated by third parties.
- We further exclude to the fullest extent permissible by law all liability for damages and direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, business interruption, depletion of goodwill and like loss) or otherwise incurred by you or any third party and arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site or its content, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions (including the privacy statement) contain all the terms and conditions applicable to your use of this Site. Nothing contained on this Site is intended to be, nor should be construed as an offer by us to enter into, a contractual relationship with you or anyone else except on these Terms and Conditions.
Jurisdiction and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute in relation to the materials available from this Site, are governed by English law. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions or use of this Site.
Your Personal data
To become a member you will may be asked to provide us with some basic personal details about yourself so that you can become an ‘Online Account User’.
We are the data controller for this personal data. You can find out more about what we do with your personal data and how we protect it below.
Please read this statement to make sure it is acceptable to you before joining.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
You have the right to:
- access the personal information that we hold about you
- correct inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you
- request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to have your details removed from systems that we use to process your personal data
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways
- obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured electronic data file
- object to certain processing of your personal data by us
- request human review of an automated decision
If you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit the ICO’s website for further details.
What personal information do we collect about your and how do we collect it?
As soon as you contact us about a training programme or package, we create a record in your name. For the duration of your contact with We we add information to your record about any communication you have with us.
We also collect information about whether you have completed a training programme from our accredited trainers who run our workshops and courses.
How do we use your personal data?
We collect and process your basic personal data in order to deliver our services and support you, to manage our operations effectively, and to meet our legal requirements.
We are committed to the data protection principles of good practice for handling information. All personal information is held in secure computer and manual files and we will only transfer such data on a ‘need-to-know’ basis so that we can continue to provide support and other services to you.
We use your data to improve our services to you, as well as the quality of the training programmes that we offer. We may contact you for important feedback in relation to our training programmes. Unless you have opted out of this, we may also contact you with marketing communications about what’s new in the industry, new or other products or services, accessing updated resources, accreditation or qualifications. You can change your contact preferences when you sign into the Site.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes use external service providers to carry out activities under our instruction. If so, they may process your personal information under strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep data for as long as is necessary.
How can I access the information you hold about me and what other rights do I have?
You can email us to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and you can ask for your data to be rectified if it is incorrect. In certain circumstances, you can object to our use of your data, you can ask for it to be restricted or erased and for a copy in a structured electronic format.
You can update your contact preferences when you sign into the Site, by using any unsubscribe options available in communications we send you, or by contacting us.
Tracking and analytics
Some parts of the Site store a cookie on your computer to track user traffic patterns. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our website and to see how effective our navigational structure is. We do not release this information to third parties.
When you browse our websites, we also collect and use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
If you register to use our website, we will store some of your website activity when you are signed in as part of your record
On the Site, we may display interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalised or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as completing a web-form on our sites, use of apps or software, or by visiting unaffiliated sites that contain We content or ads.
We do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated or third party sites/applications with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads.
How to turn off cookies
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies that are stored on your computer. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use or navigate through many parts of our website.
We take security very seriously. All staff are made aware of the security procedures they must follow when handling personal information. Data is protected from unauthorised access and we are confident no-one will be able to access your personal information unlawfully.
We also protect data being transferred. As long as your web browser supports the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), any personal data transmitted from your browser to our web service, or from the service to your browser, will be encrypted.
Please note that email is never a 100% secure way of communicating. By using it, you agree that you will send any information by email at your own risk.
While we will take all reasonable precautions to make sure that other organisations who we deal with have good security practices, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations whose websites may be linked to our service.