We were over the moon when a student of a teacher who had travelled with us to India on a 'Teachers Trip' was so inspired by the tales her tutor had . . . to tell, that she immediately wanted to help in some way.
And this is what Charlotte did... she came up with her very own 'Secret Project' and put together a cookery book of Indian recipes. Many of the recipes came from Nirmala, the Director of Secret Products India and Charlottle had it printed beautifully and sold copies to other teachers who had been on the trip, as well as her friends and family and contributed all profits to Secret Projects.
Once again, this is yet another great example of how people can get involved and contribute to our vision of a world where all women have the confidence and resources to make choices, thrive and contribute to the strengthening of their communities.
Please get in touch with you ideas for your own 'Secret Project', we can't wait to hear them! Please complete the form here.
Are you someone who likes to hear about a good business opportunity? We have an interesting proposal to tell you about...Sponsor a Secret Products . . . Collection.
It's a new concept for us and we are excited to announce that we are looking for 5 sponsors to help us design and produce 3 new Secret Products Collections in 2021. This is a great opportunity if, like us, you have a pioneer spirit and are passionate about driving income generating opportunities for women in India.
Sponsorship opportunities range from £500 to £5000 - we have put together a plan below about how we see it working, although as it's such a new venture, we may need to tweak here and there as we go along:
1. A potential sponsor contacts us to express an interest in working with us on the venture
2. We will ask you to have a meeting with our CEO, Fritha and our Finance Director, Banke to discuss things in a little more detail. Prior to this meeting, we will have sent you a full brief about the 3 Secret Projects Collections
3. During the meeting, we can answer any questions you may have and our hope is that you will commit to sponsoring a Secret Projects Collection!
4. As a sponsor, we will ask you to transfer your sponsorship funds to our UK company, via bank transfer. Please note, we can accept both GBP and Euros
5. Following this, production commences within our Maker Community
6. Once production is completed, we will photograph the Collection, add to our official retail stores and your sponsored Collection is launched!
7. As the Collection sponsor, we will share the sales activities with you on a regular basis and agree a schedule to repay your funds
To talk to us about sponsoring a Secret Projects Collection, please email Fritha on: email@example.com
There are many ways to make a contribution to our vision of a world where all women have the confidence and resources to make choices, thrive and . . . contribute to the strengthening of their communities. One way is to organise your own event or activity. Please read on...
We are lucky to be surrounded by a large and powerful community. These community members often choose to ask their friends and family members to sponsor an event or activity they have organised to raise contributions towards our vision. The money contributed from these activities will be used wisely in a number of ways as follows:
Running of our 4 stage Virtual Training for Empowerment Programme
Working with existing and new Maker Community
Development of new Secret Products. The sale of Secret Products is the core driver of our mission to empower
We were delighted when one of our community, Cinnamon ran the New York Marathon to honour the life of her mother and to raise money for Secret Projects. Here is what Cinnamon had to say about her experience:
'Inge was a formidable woman who was the definition of empowerment. She left Austria at 19, raised her children as a single mother, travelled to India where she trained to become a professional yoga instructor. Incredibly creative, stylish, wise, outspoken and unique – a force to be reckoned with! Countless people have told me what an inspiration Inge was to their lives, it is clear that her intellect and spiritual awareness touched many people.
I decided to raise money for a cause that truly represents everything that we are celebrating about Inge and Secret Projects embodies it all.'
Thank you to everyone who organises their own sponsored events and also to those who support them in their efforts!
To learn more about how to make a contribution to Secret Projects, please click here.
Photograph: Secret Projects supporter and friend, Cinnamon in the New York Marathon!