About this role
We are looking for a Production Manager who is keen to step up into a life changing opportunity. We need somebody with vision, energy, top skills and a keen desire to work within in a small, close team to deliver outstanding work.
The Production Manager is responsible for the overall production of our global brand, Secret Projects. The person within this role will work with key members of the global team to brainstorm, plan and produce products, which are of an export quality and ensure compliance with the vision and values of the organization. Secret Projects is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization and is working towards being a fully certified member.
The person in this role will also be responsible for the training of our Makers within the Secret Projects Maker Community, as well as ensuring the quality of our clothing and homeware range produced by the women. The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring all materials and other necessary supplies are ordered and available for all production and will meet regularly with the Country Director to discuss any
concerns around staffing, supply and production.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Be the first point of contact for all processes regarding Production
• Manage the Secret Projects Production Assistant and work as a team alongside the Sales
Administrator and Fulfilment Manager.
• Working with the sales team, respond to customer enquiries, put together sampling and production quotes and manage wholesale customers and orders.
• Work with the Sales team to plan new products in accordance with overall sales marketing plans
• Work with the Country Director and Senior Management Team of mother company based in UK to set production goals and develop production systems to ensure efficiency in production. This includes production planning, material planning and machinery planning.
• Co-ordinate with the Sales Administrator to ensure an accurate inventory is kept and photography shoots happen in a timely fashion in line with the needs of the business
• Fix the pricing for production
• Oversee regular communications with our Maker Community and the monitoring of impact figures
• Planning and delivering both virtual and face to face training sessions within our Maker Community
• Document all training with reports, photos and film footage
• Coordinate with the designer/s of our customised products and orders
• Ensure export quality check of all products
• Material management to ensure zero wastage and recycling
• Work with the Fulfilment Manager on shipment planning and execution.
• Excellent spoken and written English
• A minimum of 5 years' experience of working in the garment sector, including sampling/garment construction, sourcing materials, training and quality control
• Experience of managing others
• Knowledge of using Microsoft software packages, particularly excel. (A test will be given.)
• Excellent customer relationship manager
• Willingness to travel when required
• Salary: Based on previous experience and skill level
• Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka,
• Vacancies: 1
• Male/female: Female
• Experience: 5 years +
• Visit website: www.secretprojects.org